On Monday, June 8 the Pat Porter Active Living Centre opened its doors to the public again. While the Centre is open, it is not open to full capacity and a number of things have changed.
– Everyone is encouraged to call ahead and reserve a spot for the program they are wanting to participate in.
– There will be a set number of people allowed inside the building at any given time.
– Programs will have a limited number of participants.
– There will be new safety procedures to follow such as maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet, frequent hand sanitizing and abiding by posted signage.
– No outside food, beverage, or beverage containers will be allowed until further notice.
When You Arrive:
– Come on in, unless the door is locked, in which case ring the doorbell.
– One of our staff or a board member will greet you, ask a few questions and guide you from there.
– Everyone needs to be signed in by reception, as this is required by Manitoba Health. Members please bring your cards as this will speed up the process.
Things will be off to a very slow and careful start, but with everyone’s cooperation we hope things will go back to how they used to be very soon. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we all get used to this temporary way of things. We look forward to seeing you again!
In an effort to keep you updates and informed on the Covid-19 situation in Manitoba we will be providing you with links to the latest information.
Should you wish to talk to someone but are unable to make it to the Centre, our staff are onsite Monday to Friday from 9 am – 4 pm and will be happy to chat and check in with you. We can be reached at 204-320-4600.
In the meantime, look out for weekly emails containing online games, craft ideas, exercise videos and other content to keep you positive and busy.
We hope everyone is staying safe and we look forward to seeing you back at the Centre again soon!
A select number of programs, operating with limited numbers, are being offered at the Centre. Please call 204-320-4600 to reserve your spot.
Getting tired or running out of ideas of what to cook? Our Meals on Wheels Program may be just what you’re looking for. Get a warm, delicious and nutritious meal (including dessert) delivered to your home for only $7. To see what’s on the menu daily click HERE.
Ways to Order:
1) Call the kitchen at 204-320-4605 to place an order. You may order a single meal or meals for the week or whole month. To receive a same day meal you must call before 9:00 am. Payment can be either a credit card payment over the phone or an invoice at the end of the month.
2) With a credit card payment online through BringMeBasics.com
We have been busy at work making face masks to help protect you!
There are 2 different kinds:
– Elastic around the ears
– Elastic tie at the back of the head
There is a variety of colours, patterns and sizes available.
We are selling them for $5 to members and $7 to non-members. Please call 204-320-4600 to order one!
Are you or is someone you know in need of help during this difficult time? We are here to help if you need assistance getting groceries, transportation or a meal delivered to your home. Call Carrie at 204-320-4604 if you or someone you know is in need of any of these services or has questions.